Hadeeth 19 from Forty Hadeeth An-Nawawi
On the authority of Aboo 'Abbaas 'Abdullah the son of 'Abbass (RA), who said:
One day I was behind the Prophet (SAW) [riding on the same mount] and he said to me:
"Young man, I shall teach you some of words [of advice]:
Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you.
Be mindful of Allaah, and you will find Him in front of you.
If you ask, ask of Allaah;
If you seek help, seek help of Allaah.
Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you.
The pens have been liffted and the pages have dried."
-It was related by at-Tirmithee, who said it was a good and sound Hadith.
In a version other than that of at-Tirmithee it reads:
" Be mindful of Allaah, you will find Him before you.
Get to know Allaah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity.
Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you, and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.
Hadith 19 Teaches Us
* That it is allowed for two persons to be seated on a mount if it does not over-burden the animal.
* That if one takes care about Allaah, He takes care of him
* That if one takes care about Allaah, He helps him.
* That one must ask of Allaah only and seek His help only.
* That we cannot be harmed or benefited by anything or anyone, no matter how large they are in number or how strong they appear, except by that which Allaah allows.
* That what Allaah has allowed in our destiny will definitely occur.
* That one should remember and take care about Allaah in his good time, when Allaah will take care of him in his bad time.
* That victory comes with patience.
* That relief comes after suffering.
* That an easy time comes after a hard time.